Saturday, October 03, 2009

Goodbye to a Dear Friend Goodbye to a Dear Friend


(photograph by Roger Wyatt)

I am saddened to announce that we lost a good friend today and one of the founders on this CambridgeBuzz Blog, Hilary McLellan. She died peacefully at home with her husband Roger (also a CambridgeBuzz Founder)by her side, after an almost two year bout with cancer.

Hilary’s intrepid spirit, beautiful soul, and steady and sure disposition has been a joy for us to work with over the years. She was a great believer in the power inherent in the telling of our stories and she understood the mythic qualities in each and every one of our lives.

Hilary was such a deep inspiration to those around her these past months even as the cancer ravaged her body, her spirit grew brighter and clearer.

Hilary loved life, lived it to the fullest, and then left us with such grace and dignity. She will be missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Debra Pearlman said...

I am saddened by the loss of my dear friend and collaborator Hilary. She taught me much and showered me with a great spirit and friendship.
Debra

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Brucie Rosch said...

Somehow or other I just found this post. Lovely, John. I've been thinking about Hilary a great deal lately. - Brucie

10:06 AM  
Blogger Woedlville said...

Dan and I knew Hilary when she was a student in Oxford, Ohio. We gave our daughter her name because of her courage in facing cancer the first time around. So much creativity in her!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home