Monday, June 12, 2006

Treasures of Cambridge #15 Treasures of Cambridge #15



Sean McEntee pictured in front of the vault in the former Bean Head’s Coffee House has lived in Cambridge, NY since 2002, after visiting friends in the area for many years prior.

Sean’s skills embrace a large spectrum, from carpentry and fine woodworking to photographer and gardening (to name a few) and he gets to practice them all as a part of life here in town. He enjoys the peace and quiet here, and the values of his fellow townsfolk, "it is a small enough town to know everyone, and most seem to be hard working, honest people. I like that."

Sean’s prop is his hat, "I like hats, they keep my head warm." This one has the insignia of the New York Botanical Gardens, where he and his young son visit almost every Saturday.

When asked what the most exciting thing he has done in his life, he laughs and responds with his sharp wit and dry humor, "I don’t know what that is. I haven’t done it yet." Sean admits that he is not a "big memory person", he is more concerned with the present or maybe a day or two ahead, thinking about what needs to get done. "I guess I just do interesting, exciting or fun things and incorporate them into who I am. I don’t keep trophies on my memory shelf".

As far as living in Cambridge, Sean would like to be remembered as the guy who plowed up his front yard and planted a field of corn in the village and kept rotating a good variety of field crops instead of a lawn. “I hate mowing,” he adds. You can contact Sean at; mcenteeblog_cambridge@verizon.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home