Thursday, August 24, 2006

Photographer's Log Photographer's Log


RED JOE SAYING GOOD NIGHT-Sunset, March 12, 2005. I have often photographed Red Joe. Although, having never been formally introduced, I do not know his real name. He lives at the Chestnut Hill Riding Academy in the outskirts of Cambridge, NY. I have gotten to know him and several of his friends photographing them from the roadside over the past couple of years. Now when I stop my car across from them they have no fear of me, they know me. Joe even poses for me now. I believe he is used to having his picture taken by his owners. He even comes down to the fence to better get a look at me while I work. He’s a handsome and sweet creature and I enjoy his quiet company for the few minutes we commune now and then. I hope one day to see his people outside the buildings and go introduce myself to let them know how much pleasure Red Joe and his companions have given me as they let me sit at the roadside taking their pictures and chatting with them. Maybe I might even be able to meet Joe as who he really is one day. That would be a treat!
Photo: (Copyright Mohan 2005) To contact the artist, please send email to: junemohan@hotmail.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlene said...

Oh my gosh, what a lovely picture. The outline of Red Joe and sky during sunset is terrific. Is this the place heading out of Cambridge on right side of road going to Saratoga? Just wondering. . .

10:33 AM  
Blogger Beholder's Eyes said...

Red Joe lives on Route 60 between Center Cambridge Rd and Route 372. Rt372 runs between Cambridge and Greenwich. They seem to board horses at Chestnut Hill but I have a feeling Red Joe belongs to the owners because he is always on the "house side" of the property where I can get the awesome sunsets behind him and his stable mates. Watch for Red Joe and his buddies on that hillside if you are ever driving by.
Thank you for your kind comments about my photos, Charlene. It always makes my day to know someone has been touched by my efforts. - God bless you - June M.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Beholder's Eyes said...

Hi Sandra - Wasn't Charlene's comment kind? As I said to her, it really makes me happy to know I've reached someone with my art. My art is all about the Cambridge Valley and it's environs so if you know this area you will probably recognize some of what I publish here. I pray you will frequently come back to view the blog and my photos, and will choose to give me your feedback often, Sandra.
Enjoy, enjoy!
God bless you - June M.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home