Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Cambridge Life Cambridge Life




As I travel about the Village, I see neighbors putting up their Halloween decorations, raking leaves for pick-up and making sure all the weather stripping is good. It's more quiet in town now that the kids are back in school. Weekends are filled with football and soccer matches or traveling our own secret roads to spot our favorite bit of fall color.

I'm hoping my deck will be finished in time to enjoy the crisp autumn nights and amazingly starry skies. The tomato plant that overtook my back porch has been harvested, even though the fruits were still pretty green. I decided to invent a green tomato sauce-- sort of like fried green tomatoes, pureed. I'll let you all know how that one turns out. I've moved the snow shovels to a place I can find them, put one last grass cutting on my To Do List, and have noticed that I'm craving more soup than ice tea.

Life in Cambridge, NY is noticeably slower these days, but you can still catch the peak of leaf season and find fresh veggies at the Farmers' Market, but you better hurry!

Let me know how you prepare for the upcoming seasons. Send an email to Debra Pearlman and I'll include it in the next Cambridge Life posting. Or join our interactive community and post a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home