Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cambridge Life 7/22/08 Cambridge Life 7/22/08


Photos by John Carlson and June Mohan

The storms of the last few days have definitely taken a toll on life in Cambridge. We had a huge tree down on West Main Street, but I'm told that the electric company was quick to make the fix and folks were only out of power for approx. 5 hours.....

5 hours without fans or A/C while we have our July heatwave...

Besides the trees, my basil plants were hard hit. I'm now up to my ears in pesto making. Anyone have an unusual pesto recipe...send it my way. I continue to watch the grass grow, literally. With my knee surgery just 3 weeks ago, I still can't get out and mow the lawn. I decided to launch the "great meadow experiment." Truth be told, it looks pretty good to me. The deer are loving the yummy food and my cats look like little tigers stalking through the bush.

So it's lazy, hazy days ahead. Upcoming Events for this week:

THURSDAY, JULY 24th

Brittany Rivers concert 7 pm LARAC sponsored concert
www.thegeorgimuseum.com

SATURDAY & SUNDAY: July 26 & 27
Al Fresco Weekend 2008

Al Fresco Dinner & Sunday Chefs' Brunch Tickets go on sale June 2nd.
Dinner tickets sold out in 9 days last year!

Al Fresco Dinner at 5:30 PM - tickets @ $45

Al Fresco Chefs' Brunch "From Farm to Brunch" at 11 a.m. to 2 pm. - tickets @ $15, $5 for 12 and under, and free under 5.

Entertainment, Artisan's Market, and free farm tours will also be featured on Sunday.

For more information visit www.salemcourthouse.org or call 518.854-7053

Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home