Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Life in Cambridge, NY Life in Cambridge, NY


The long and winding road that leads to Cambridge, NY (Photo: June Mohan)

Happy official start of Summer. It could not be a more perfect day here in Cambridge, NY. The heat and humidity of the past week are gone and big cottonball clouds dot a perfectly blue sky. It's the kind of day that makes me want to hop on my bicycle and peddle one of the many beautiful backroads around Washington County.

My best friend is a motorcycle "nut" and she often takes day rides up from New York City just to cruise our rural country roads. My Mom enjoys driving through the hills and valleys and I do some of my best birding while driving to visit friends that live along these roadways.

We have some of the best bike riding in the northeast. You can find great roads to ride with fabulous natural destinations to ride to like the Battenkill River where you can fish, swim under a covered bridge or go for a tube ride.


tubing down the Battenkill River with Battenkill River Sports

Swinging on a rope into the Battenkill River is just one of the many things I like about summer in Cambridge, NY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home