Monday, September 04, 2006

Treasures of Cambridge #24 Treasures of Cambridge #24


Willow Partington pictured in front of the vault in the former Bean Head’s Coffee House found her way to the Cambridge area through a number of long time artist friends who either lived in town or in nearby communities.

"Cambridge is a beautiful place, a beautiful little village. I like the theater at Hubbard Hall and the host of other cultural activities found in many other artistic venues here.” She also loves the village of Cambridge, “the walk-ability of it, the many things that are here to see and do; and just wandering around town in the early evening looking at all the lovely little houses, it is a wonderful place to be."

Willow wanted to be photographed with, "Goldi," a New Skete Monastery German Shepard. “For a little over a year, I have been going up to the New Skete Monastery where the monks raise theses beautiful German Shepard dogs and I became an official puppy socializer. I also help grooming the dogs. I go there two afternoons a week to interact and play with the tiny puppies. Goldie is one of the mothers. This is Brother Luke’s dog and I am grateful he gave me this opportunity to be photographed with her."

"Spending time up at the Monastery with the Monks and their dogs is one of the most wonderful things that has ever happened in my life. I have learned so much about how to live just from watching these dogs, the tiny puppies and the older dogs. They are such wonderful beings."

Willow grew up outside of Albany, has lived in NYC,in Europe for a while and Springfield, Ma. Willow teaches the history of art and Native American literature, and is very interested in native cultures. This year she is taking a sabbatical and is traveling to Australia where she will be living in the bush with native peoples in their traditional ways.


When asked what she would like to be remembered for, she said, "Sounds like an obit to me! I’ll leave that to the Universe. Although I do hope it will be said I was, among other things:
She-Who-Played-Well-with-Puppies."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an idiot.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home