Sunday, November 02, 2008

Cambridge Life 11/2/08: Going Green Cambridge Life 11/2/08: Going Green


Photos by John Carlson and June Mohan

As we move closer to winter's long nights and short days, I thought it might be a good time to work on greening my life style. What could I do to not only minimize my own carbon footprint on the planet, but also to save money in these uncertain economic times.


Photos from Living With Ed

You may recognize Ed Bagley Jr. from his many television and film roles, but what I know him from is his television show Living With Ed. For more than 30 years Ed Bagley has been living the green life, and turning his own home and lifestyle into a statement for low impact living. Being an actor, he also turned his passion for conservation into a wonderfully informative and funny television show. Anyway, I wanted to find some good tips on what I could do to conserve energy in my own home. What goes beyond lowering my thermostat (already kept at 60 degrees) and making sure my windows are well insulated?



I found a wealth of information on Fixing the Planet's website. Started by Ed Bagley Jr., this website has loads of information, discussions, forums, and links to help you green up your life. What I like about this site is that there's something for every pocketbook, from installing solar panels to how to turn old household items into useful objects once again.

Being a farm community, we're in a great place to go green. So think about what you can do to help in the greening of Cambridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home