Monday, March 16, 2009

Cambridge Life: 3/16/09: Spring Cleaning Cambridge Life: 3/16/09: Spring Cleaning


Photos by John Carlson and June Mohan

The Ides of March have passed and we've turned the corner into spring. I'm just loving the beautiful weather we've been having. I spent the weekend surveying my property, cleaning up winter debris, raking, marking what is coming up in the garden and cleaning out the cabinets.

I don't know about where you live but being in farm country surrounded by pastures and woods you'd think that all the little critters would find a better place to spend their winter than my kitchen cabinets. But NO! Instead of being outside on Sunday, going for a bike ride or talking a hike, I was under the cabinets scrubbing the wood, washing every pot and pan I own, de-mousing the winter home of the Ash Grove field mice.


B.W. is clearly not doing his job. Now that the mice have been swept from the corners of my mind and kitchen, I can proceed to the next phase of spring clean-up, the floors. Over the winter I treated myself to one of those H2O steam mops seen on the late night infomercials. Believe it or not, it's great! I actually enjoy washing the floor. After floors will come taking out the deck furniture, sweeping out the barn, and then I may just vacuum my car. Anything that gets me outside on a beautiful spring day is not a chore, but a joy!

HAPPY SPRING CAMBRIDGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home