Monday, July 13, 2009

Cambridge Life: 7/13/09 Cambridge Life: 7/13/09


Photos by John Carlson and June Mohan

Wow! What a weekend. It all started with the visit of my sister (with her new puppy) and my cousin John (from the other Cambridge, Cambridge, Mass). Now you all know that I have two very large cats, BW & McGillacutty. They were none too pleased with me for allowing a dog into our feline domain.

BW made it perfectly clear who was the alpha animal, and the puppy learned that if you play with cats, you may get swatted....hard!

Peace was established and we enjoyed a weekend of family, gardening and an unbelievable concert at Hubbard Hall.


For those of you who have not had the pleasure of hearing Music From Salem in concert, I urge you to try to see them this summer. Saturday they played the remarkable program of the Haydn - Piano Trio, Pärt - Spiegel im Spiegel (an amazing duet with piano and cello that brough my friend Katy to tears), and my personal favorite, Schubert - String Quintet in C Major, D. 956. I'd never heard the Schubert performed live. Boy what a treat. Here in little ol' Cambridge, NY....world class chamber music performed in a small intimate space. You'll have three more chances to hear MFS at Hubbard Hall, July 26, August 8 and August 16.

So we went to the concert, saw old and new friends, and then went home to wonderful berry cobbler...thank you very much! Sunday saw us pruning trees and going to the Farmers' Market. The weather was amazing and walking about was the way to enjoy it.

I hope you all had as wonderful a weekend as I did here in Cambridge, NY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home