Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Photographer's Log Photographer's Log


AUTUMN LEAF FLOATING ON BATTENKILL RIVER


I truly enjoy this photo taken a couple of years ago in the shallows of the Battenkill River.

The colors, textures and shapes of the water, rocks, sunlight and reflections of the Autumn blue sky give me such a sense of serenity. When I gaze at it I can still feel the cold breezes on my face and hands, so cold that day my hands were freezing to the point of numbness. I can still hear those breezes and the water as it rapidly raced over the rocks, as though it were trying to outrun the coming Winter.

I don’t know how common it is for others but I often see “faces and forms” in things: hillsides filled with trees, clouds in the sky, water...water running over rocks. In this photograph I see several faces and forms: a duck decoy, a satisfied frog’s face, a disdainful lizard’s face, a submerged frog’s eyes, an imp, a seagull’s profile in blue, a beautiful deer’s head with a massive, soulful eye, and a caricature of Jackie Gleason from his Honeymooner’s days (or maybe from Smokey and the Bandit?), and more.

I guess it is all in the beholder’s eye, hmmm? What do you see? -June Mohan
Photos: (Copyright Mohan 2005) To contact the artist, please send email to: junemohan@hotmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home