Monday, December 17, 2007

Photographer's Log Photographer's Log


Telephone Lines
One of my favorite rides in the area is up and over the Beadle Hill Road, which is my usual route towards the Capital Region. The vistas from that first rise just past the Whiteside Church are magnificent, and the place were I made this photgraph.

I love the juxtaposition of the telephone poles, which symbolize communication, with the empty, wind blown and snow encrusted landscape. That, along with the clouds reflecting the strung wires (reminding me of a simpler time when Native Americans used smoke as the wireless technology of choice when communicating with distant hunting parties or tribes), give this image an austere complexity that moves me.
-John Carlson

(Photo copyright John Carlson 2006)Email me at:
jdcarlson2001@yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home