Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cambridge Life 12/2/08 Cambridge Life 12/2/08


Homage to Greek Dinners

I grew up in northern Westchester and going to the local Greek dinner was a ritual with my Mom. We always talked about those crazy take-out coffee cups you only got at "The Dinner." Well, I've found a permanent replacement for the disposable cup at CANOE, a Portland, OR company that prides itself on producing "products with a lasting aesthetics that transcends short-lived trends." I think the iconic Greek coffee cup would make a great stocking stuffer or inexpensive gift for any coffee lover on your list.

On another note, just as the weather turned to full blown winter, I finally received a delivery of wood pellets and, after much trial, started my new wood stove. It's working great! I turned down the thermostat to 58 degrees and will let the stove keep me warm and toasty. The added bonus is having a wonderful fire burning in the living room. I now can sit by the fire and listen to the ice pellets hitting the windows...

I'm doing a snow dance so all my teacher friends get a snow day! Happy Winter Cambridge.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents and brother moved up to Cambridge almost 30 years ago from Westchester County. It's great hearing about other native Westchester folk moving to the charming town of Cambridge. As for me, well, I moved south to NYC and visit my family during the holiday weekends. I love the city and all it has to offer [ie: museums, cafes, bookstores, art galleries, street vendors and so much more].

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home