Thursday, September 28, 2006

Photographer's Log Photographer's Log


RAM’S HEAD-One day I was driving past Rouse Farm on Rouse Road in Cambridge, NY and saw their silos as if for the first time. As I studied their open, clean lines etched against that austere sky I knew something very new and interesting would be reborn from them. (There was a young woman watching me shoot that day and I’m sure she was wondering what on earth I found so fascinating about those particular silos.) Well this image is what I managed to generate from three photographs of two individual silos: a digitally manipulated composite photograph consisting of 14 separate sections of the three separate photographs (including using that austere blue sky as the background of the photo). As it evolved in my computer, this intense and disquieting visage became very reminiscent to me of idols of the ancient worlds of the East such as Egypt. To my eye it also has a faint resemblance to an infamous pop star. What do you think?.-June Mohan
Photo: (Copyright Mohan 2005) To contact the artist, please send email to: junemohan@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home