Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cambridge Life 12/18/07 Cambridge Life 12/18/07


One week until Christmas arrives and it will be white.

This past weekend's snow certainly reminds us that we live in the north country. All over town I hear folks talking about the cold, the snow, the shoveling....we've had it easy the past few winters. This is what it's all about. As the song says, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." Of course, that's easy for me to say, I have a plow angel. For the past several snow storms my secret plow angel has swiped my driveway clear. He does not ask for money, he does not leave his name, he miraculously appears with the snows and makes my day a little easier. I don't know if anyone else has a plow angel, but this year I'm leaving cookie and coffee out for him. Thank You Neighbor!

As to the rest of the holiday, I've been making my lists and checking them twice. Seems I need more butter and sugar for holiday treats. This last week before Christmas can be really stressful with so many things I need to finish. I always marvel at the people who have holidays "all under control." I mean, how do they do it...shopping, baking, decorating, cleaning, gift wrapping?

I'll be traveling to see my sister. Each year we choose a gourmet dinner to prepare. We both love to cook, trying to top each other with recipes. This year, I'm making the dessert....red velvet cake. How will you spend your day?

Happy Holidays Cambridge, NY and all the other Cambridges too.

Share your thoughts about life in Cambridge. Send your email to debra@pearlproductionsllc.com. If you want to send a photo, be sure it is in .jpg format and no wider than 5.5 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home