Friday, June 30, 2006

Photographer's Log Photographer's Log


"Going, Going, Gone!" -Cambridge’s First Balloon Festival was my first exposure up-close to hot air balloons. I, like most others who have experienced these delicate behemoths, was enraptured with awe and fantasy. For one of the first times in my life I experienced the meaning of he words "breath-taking" as I stood in the presence of this gay embodiment of sun and sky colors, watching it take off, wishing with all of my heart it was carrying me away within it’s inviting basket as it rose over my head and passed beyond the tree tops. I chose to digitally turn this photo into a painting to express the separateness yet one-ness in the relationship between the balloon’s material, the lush pillowing of the trees below it and the immense unfolding sky behind it.(Photo: Copyright Mohan 2006) To contact the artist please send email to: junemohan@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home