Thursday, December 20, 2007

Where Can I Find That? Business Hours Where Can I Find That? Business Hours



Dear Where Can I Find That,

I am looking for a good quality hand cultivator for a gift. Is there a local business that puts together gift baskets of local products and sends them? Elizabeth Call

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for inquiring at the WCIFT.

My first stop would be Gardenworks in Salem for both the gift basket and the hand cultivator. Meg and her team are experts at just about everything and they do lovely gift baskets. Give them a budget and some suggestions on the items you would like and they will take care of the rest.

Other options for a hand cultivator are Tripps in Shushan just across from Yushaks. I would also try Alexander’s True Value and Salem Farm and Garden – the item is seasonal so you may have to ask for it. The Village Store Coop also had some beautiful garden tools this past summer so Abbey may still have one hiding.

You can most of these retail locations on the Towns and Villages of the Battenkill Valley Website www.visitbattenkillvalley.com
SHOP LOCAL! And Happy Holidays!!


Dear Where Can I Find That?

I own and run Over The Moon Beads and Gifts in Cambridge NY. I am responding to the letter written about store hours after 5pm and on Sundays. I tried the after 5 pm hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays for many months at a time and I only got the occasional customer. Unfortunately I was not able to continue those hours because of the drain on my overhead (heat, electric and time). I really tried! I do always let my customers know that if they are coming after 5pm, to just call me and I will gladly wait.

We are open on Sundays from 10 am - 2 pm. In January we will be offering 5 different classes for the beginner on Saturdays and Sundays. It will be posted on our website in January www.overthemoonbeads.com or stop by the store for information.

We're more than just a bead store! If you need unique, creative, and reasonably priced gifts, a piece of jewelry, a bookmark, incense, cards & 2008 calendar by a local artist or just a bobble-head turtle than we're the store for you!

Have a Happy Holiday!

Heather

Dear Heather,

Kudos to you for trying the extended hours. One of the beauties of living in a small community is that most shop owners will go the extra mile to meet our shopping needs. As Heather suggests, call ahead and ask if the shop can be accommodate your shopping needs. This might not work for every shop, but we know the Over the Moon Beads and Gifts certainly will work with you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Heather. It is good to know that you can be flexible and I will keep that in mind when gift shopping. However my point is that it doesn't work too well (as you found out) if only one or two merchants are open late or on Sundays. If a group of merchants choose a day to be open, hopefully each can get some spillover business from the other. DJ

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home